Thursday, February 21, 2008

obscuring of astronomical object

she was naked when i saw her.
vulnerable
in the jet set shadow of the rock beneath my feet;
peter, gasping for air.
he couldn't breathe
with the church upon him.
neither could i.
but as she sat there,
bare,
velcroed to the night sky
like a light bulb
slowly being consumed by
black berry pie,
a sweeter air than the breath before
trickled through my lungs.

redemption comes through unexpected avenues,
as opposed to,
hand-me-down traditions
that prevent the unpredictable from happening


she was naked when i saw her
but, as all who are naked discover,
nature concealed her innocence.

red.grey.blue.black.yellow.

and white again.

ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
naked she came from her father's seed
and naked she shall leave.

it occurred to me that i have left so many situations
fully clothed,
ashamed of my waste [of life]
when what i needed most
was to be exposed,
so that the bruise of my nude [self]
could properly heal.

red.grey.blue.black.yellow.

and back to white again.

just like her
and the naked image that she boasts.
beneath the silent hosts of heaven
and the patriarch
that turned his face from me,
i now see
instead of vulnerability,
the greatest form of healing
we as humans have;
the freedom to think or act
without being constrained.

floating naked
in the firmament of space,
there is something other
than a holy decency,
that saves

beautiful
majestic
liberty

she was naked when i saw her

unashamed
unabashed
unbelievable

my Luna
my Lover
my Moon


[and I became naked too]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what to say....except beautiful! Thanks for always writing and playing. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful.

I think anyone with a partially functional soul was moved by the lunar eclipse, if they took the time to watch it.

Your poem here is a precious expression of how many of us feel when we experience great events that remind us that we are part of a wondrous universe that we can neither understand, explain, or even fully appreciate.

Our "hand-me-down traditions
that prevent the unpredictable from happening", are our primative attempts to find comfort, as we spin helter skelter in a vast empty space from a place we do not remember to a place we cannot know.

This piece tells me that though all the above is true, I can feel truly free and awed and humbled about it.