Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Empathy for a Friend

Since we last met, I have thoroughly dusted the shelves and cleaned the cupboards out.
I have given each pain a designated space in my life [as some pain is necessary at all times]
Since we last met, I have swept the attic clean [of your influence] and left each window open just a bit.
I have lined the kitchen counter with bread crumbs to bring life back into the house.
Since we last met, I have torn the roof off over the office and set the yard on fire.
I have converted the garage into an Olympic size swimming pool.
Since we last met, I have replaced the carpet with soil and tossed my seed around.
I have painted the walls bright red to reduce my hunger and become healthier

Since we last met, I have taken more photographs and smiled less
I have thrown away the skeletons but left an empty closet
Since we last met, I have kept the bed made and slept on the couch
I have left the toilet seat down but shat on myself.
Since we last met, I have read a thousand books and forgotten them
I have sought to lose myself in travel but have never been lost
Since we last met, I have watched less television and made less music.
I have painted the town red to add color to my graying life.

Since we last met, I have yet to meet anyone quite like you...

...and I'm fucking better off because of it.

No comments: