Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In Case of Emergency

My birth has been one thousand times, my death will be but once.

The woman had become more than an enigma.
She was 'As God'....or the omnipresent flavor of poultry.
I knew my efforts to escape would be in vain
and so I lowered my arms and fell into her pheromonal gravity.


[That was me ten years ago;
the archetype for a bright-eyed child, searching for the truth.
Truth be told, I enjoyed the binding ropes
of martyrdom far too much in my youth.
They inflicted just the right amount of pain
to keep me coming back again -
a curious case of Christ complex.
Fast forward to the present
and I still present myself in
pieces of a pious puzzle to
any would-be solvers who resolve to
save those who cannot save themselves.]

The woman was self-aware but did not know herself.
She limited her interactions to
controlled experiments and harmonious sound-bytes;
the idea being that those who heard her rich arrangement
would be distracted from noticing
the absolute lack of originality.
Originality being the natural, melodious momentum
gained from genuine life experience.
We often succumb to harmony
when the rapture of discord
falls on our deaf ears
.

[And here we have five years ago;
wide-eyed and abrasive, casehardened by the truth.
Truth be told, I grew the most when seeded in accusation.
Point at someone else and you point at yourself
- or something like that.
Those versed in the language of fingertips may notice
their own hand speaks with louder allegations
than a chorus of adjudicators.
I preached to the choir,
sang to the deacons,
and baptized the son of god
- all for the purpose of fulfilling righteousness.]

The woman has become more than a mystery.
She is backdrafts and flashovers
inside my arson mind.
She is the constant need to break glass;
to rejoice in trembling,
to remember my temple-self constantly being destroyed and rebuilt.
She is manna during Exodus,
and the body for the Eucharist.
She is firetruck red and seven grain bread
and I love her for all that its worth.




My birth will be one thousand times.
My death has been but once.

No comments: