Monday, April 21, 2008

workplace hauntings

if i listen hard enough [whatever that means]
i can hear the sound of tiny ghosts rising from the keyboard
as i click click click on their graves
these moaning spirits [for all spirits moan as it goes]
are fragments of past employees
just like me
who fell into this plastic world of symbols

these letters do not represent me
and yet i live in a society that allows them to speak
for every feeling we feel
i feel sick somtimes, when the spirits fly through my fingertips
and up through the ceiling
like fumes that smell of something terrible
but whose trails whisper of something better
through the roof

and in my mind i am flying
with them to the sky

click click -

............................

1 comment:

Insatiable said...

I love Love LOVE this lil'snippet - "These letters do not represent me and yet i live in a society that allows them to speak for every feeling we feel."

*applause* so very eloquent.